10.27.2010

First Trick or Treat


IMG_8441
Originally uploaded by mypbandj.
Today I took Liam to his first Parents as Teachers playgroup. The kids were to play first then do some Trick or Treating though the elementary school. Maeve attends 5th grade there and she knew we were coming. She kept telling me what class she was in so we'd come see her.

Well, we got there early and I let Liam play in the infant section. They have a really cool foam pit that has textures, colors and mirrors. At first I held him as he stood next to it. He must have felt big because he was screeching like no other. Then I put him on his tummy in it. Some lady gave him a toy to look at and he got excited and pushed himself up on his hands and knees!!! Omg - he's too little. He's my baby. So I picked him up. Enough of that toy! lol

Then it was time for Trick or Treating and I felt kinda dumb. Like he's really gonna eat the candy! But I thought Maeve would want to see him and I didn't want to disappoint her.

We went around the school to the office, the library and the cafeteria. We weren't going to visit Maeve's room but we did pass it. So I stopped at the window and waved.

Maeve just stared at me. I held Liam up. "trick or treat! Look! It's your brother!". I must of been smiling and waving like a lunatic because she's looking at me like a deer in headlights. Her eyes are big and she's kinda shaking her head "no."

LOL I guess she didn't want to see us after all. I can't wait till she gets home to ask her. In the meantime, I'm enjoying Liam's candy!!

No comments: