5.28.2009

Pools and Poems

Today I took the kids to swim at the YMCA. We were there for 3 hours! On the way home, we all made up poems. Here is a sample of what I heard:

Captain Wart Burger was a man.
Who hit himself with a pan.
He went to the ER.
And got hit by a bar.
And then they gave him a shiny new van.
by Michael


Pumpkin
There once was a cat
Who thought he was fat
He ate a rat
And hit me with a bat
And wore a hat
But he was still fat
And that is that!
by Ashley


I once played tennis with a puck
For some reason it kept crying cluck
I was very confused
But a little amused
To notice I was playing with a duck!
by Brennen


There once was a boy named Blake
Who wanted a big green snake
He bought a frog
Who was on a log
And he didn’t know what to take.
by Maeve


Jericho
Before you come over and ring my bell,
I have a secret that I should tell.
You'll hear barking, vicious and mean,
the loudest little dog, you've ever seen.
When you sit on the couch, she'll jump in your lap,
and before you know it, she'll be taking a nap.
You'll end of friends, but start out foe,
That's how it works with my Jericho
by Jen

1 comment:

Carey said...

I love it!!! The posts are great, as are the poems! Jericho, hehe, how funny! Can't wait to read more this summer.

Oh and you didn't tell me about the one armed man ... wow!