2.15.2009

Blogger Stress!!

I remember when I didn't know what a blog was. Once I figured it out, I knew I had to have one. The problem is that the blogger world is advancing much faster than I have time to figure it all out.

First of all, do you know how many different blog sites there are to choose from? I mean really, who has time to figure out which one does what? There is blogspot, typepad, word press, movable type and the list goes on and on I'm sure. I did find a web page that offers cheatsheets for these different platforms - but I don't have time to read it.

Then, once you have decided on a platform to use, I choose blogger, it's time to figure out how to add a cute template to your blog to make it graphically appealing. There is the banner, sidebar, header, footer, scrollbars, links, background images, labels and so on.

And if this wasn't enough to make your head spin, don't forget the Digg button and the RSS feed, followers, videos, ads, contests, give aways, and widgets!! Oh geez, this is enough to make my head spin!!

But that is the EASY stuff. The hard part, for me, is trying to figure out what to write about. I need a theme. Do I write about my family? my daily craziness? stuff I like?

I guess the only thing I know, is that this is one thing I am determined to figure out. It may take me all year - but I'm gonna have a blog!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I feel ya! I often don't know what to write about. I am all over the place...reality tv, family, weightloss...I think the key is to just keep writing!