1.09.2009

Where You'll Find Me

Yep, it's a new year...and I haven't an idea of what to blog about. All I know is that I'd like to actually blog more on a regular basis this year. You could kinda say it is a new years resolution.

So I was thinking, why not share with you all those other places I find myself when I'm online. (These are no particualr order).

1. Facebook - I know that many bloggers don't really like facebook, actually I have heard them outright say that they are never going to use it. Well, sooner or later, they all end up on facebook. I've been on facebook for several years now however, it has only been the last six months that I have actually had any "friends." It seems that out of nowhere, people all over the place started to join facebook. As of this day, I have found 140 people on facebook that I know. I love being able to keep up with old friends, see pictures of their baby's and hear about what they are up to. My favorite part of facebook would be the status bar - It always says "Jen Shipp is" and then I fill in the rest. (It's kind of like twitter, but none of my friends have found that yet so I'll just keep using this one on facebook instead).

2. Blogs - I am a blog reader. I could spend hours upon hours just reading blogs. I have an entire list of blogs that I frequent in my bookmark folder. I start with one, then somehow find the link to someone else's blog...and then I'm bookmarking yet another blog.

3. Cuteoverload.com - OMG you have to see this website! What can I say...it's so CUTE! Yeah, this is just another blog...but I think it deserves it's own space. My kids and I get such a kick out of that website. Too cute!

4. The University of Kansas - No, I'm not obsessed with sports...just my grades. Since I've gone back to school, things have really chaged. Everything is online now; lecture notes, quizes, grade books. The program they use is called blackboard and I can't stop looking at it.

5. Google - Did you know that google is an offical verb now? It is. Whenever my kids have a questions, we google it. Once, I was trying to expain to my son (who was 9 or 10 at the time) that the internet has not always been around to find answers to our questions. I asked him if he had any idea how I used to find information when I was a kid. You know, I was thinking of that one encylpedia that my grandparents had. Do you know what that turkey said? He says, "I know, I know...you had scrolls." WHAT?!!

My daugther has also found google. She used to use it to look up kittens or cute dogs. I say used to because the other day, after playing on the computer, she comes down stairs and tells me how she had this great idea to type in "body parts up close" on google. Paul and I exchange glances. "Oh. So...what did you find with that search...?" There will be no more unsupervised googling in our house.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

jen, you should blog more - i really enjoyed this post - and tell people about twitter so they see the fun (even though i don't twitter yet)