10.23.2007

Audiology?

So I started back to school this fall at KU. My ultimate goal was to apply to grad school in the Speech Pathology Program but I have to take about 30 credits of prerequisites before I can even apply!

The first class I had to take was Physics of Speech and boy did I almost chicken out! I had to force myself through the motions and just do it. (I keep thinking that if I had just started LAST year like I talked about doing, I would be almost done by now!).

So the interesting thing is that the two classes I am taking are both taught by audiologists. And not only do I enjoy both classes, but I am actually doing VERY well in them. As for my physics class, I have gotten a 100% on both exams. Out of the three exams given, we can drop the lowest grade so I guess I don't have to take the 3rd exam???

Now, if you know me, you know that I like to do things the HARD way. The more difficult, challenging, or expensive: I'm there! The point is this. Maybe I want to go to grad school for audiology instead of speech path. I just don't know. Speech path grad school is 2 years. Audiology is 4 years (Its a doctorate degree). Doesn't that sound cool?

I guess I have at least a year to decide. Since I am working full time AND going to school, these prereq's are going to take awhile.

No comments: