11.19.2006

Gingerbread & Ebay


Gingerbread House #7
Originally uploaded by mypbandj.
We've had a busy weekend! Our friends invited us to attend the annual "Gingerbread Houses for the Holidays" exhibit at the Topeka Performing Arts Center (TPAC). There were some amazing and creative houses there. The best part was that we were able to use some of our own creativity to design our own gingerbread house from graham crackers. This one is mine. You can see Brennen's on my flickr page. Maeve's house fell apart before we even left and there were lot's of tears - poor girl. Paul felt horrible and declared that today would be "gingerbread house making day!" After convincing Maeve that the first house was simply "practice" he went to the store and bought every single possible item you can think of to make a gingerbread house - except for well...the gingerbread. We just don't have time for that! You can see on flickr the houses that Paul and the kids made.

I've spent the last few months buying lots of items from ebay. It's become quite the addiction. I just love to seach out the great deals. My secret? I look for certain items where the listings are misspelled (so not as many people see them in their search) or for items that have terrible pictures. It seems that ebayers think the prodoct is going to be worth more if the pictures are prettier.

So today, after some organizing and cleaning, I have decided to try my hand at SELLING on ebay. I''ve listed six sets of video tapes. Our VCR has died and I don't think we will buy a new one. I'm selling a set of Thomas the Tank Engine, Veggie Tales, Bob the Builder, Blues Clues, Disney and Animated Scriptures. I also have three bags full of VHS tapes that I'm giving away to my friend.

I've also listed an old laptop of Paul's. It's not really worth much so I've started the bidding out at 0.25 cents. Let see what we get.

No comments: